Beware of Using Electric Heaters
Helpful Tips for electric heater safety
Steve of JSC Enterprises a Heating and air repair contractor shares these heating safety tips.
- Place the heater on a nonflammable, hard, and level surface. These gadgets are meant to be placed on the floor rather than on a table.
- Create a 3-foot zone around the heater that is free of children and pets, and never use a space heater in a child’s room.
- Keep combustible things such as furniture, bedding, and drapes at least 3 feet away from the space heater. It’s possible that a taller heater may need to be placed even further away.
- In a workshop or garage, don’t use a heater near paint, gas cans, or matches.
- When you leave the room or go to bed, turn it off.
- When the heater is not in use, unplug it by drawing the plug straight out of the outlet. Periodically inspect the cord for damage, and do not use the heater if the chord is frayed or damaged.
1110 Post Oak Ridge, Mcdonough, GA
17 Seabolt Rd
Locust Grove, Ga 30248